- Rhymes: -ɔɪd
unemployed (not comparable)
- Having no job despite being able and willing to work.
- The government announced a new initiative to help the unemployed.
- Having no use, not doing work
- 2011 November 12, “International friendly: England 1-0 Spain”, in BBC Sport:
- England's attacking impetus was limited to one shot from Lampard that was comfortably collected by keeper Iker Casillas, but for all Spain's domination of the ball his England counterpart Joe Hart was unemployed.
having no job
unemployed, used as a substantive: the unemployed as a group