Alteration of French venue.
veny (plural venies)
- (fencing) A strike or blow.
- 1603, John Florio, translating Michel de Montaigne, Essayes, London: Edward Blount, OCLC 946730821, I.47:
- It is not, as at Fence, where the number of venies [tr. touches] given, gets the victorie: So long as the enemie is on foot, a man is newly to begin.
- Indicative present connegative form of venyä.
- Second-person singular imperative present form of venyä.
- Second-person singular imperative present connegative form of venyä.