- (obsolete) green; not withered
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Sir Thomas Browne to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for virent in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
- third-person plural present indicative of
- third-person plural present subjunctive of
- third-person plural past historic of