whatnot (plural whatnots)
- (countable) A small unspecified object; bric-a-brac (in plural)
- (uncountable) Other related objects or ideas.
- At the lexicography club, we welcome all discussion of words and whatnot.
- All of the cakes and whatnot have been laid out, ready for the children's birthday party this afternoon.
- [2016 October 2, Tim Carvell; Josh Gondelman; Dan Gurewitch; Jeff Maurer; Ben Silva; Will Tracy; Jill Twiss; Seena Vali; Julie Weiner, “Police Accountability”, in Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, season 3, episode 24, HBO, Warner Bros. Television:
- Now, those are valid frustrations, although as a quick side note, “Murder and Whatnot” would be an amazing CSI spin-off. That’s a watchable show right there.]
- A freestanding set of shelves on which ornaments are displayed; an etagere.