- (Internet) An Internet protocol for finding information about Internet servers and domains.
- (Internet) An Internet protocol for finding information about a currently-online IRC user.
- Any computer program (client) used for accessing information via a whois protocol.
- (Internet, transitive) To look up using a whois protocol.
- We whoised the domain to find out who was sending the spam.
- 2003, "Joel", Re: A whois addon (on newsgroup alt.irc.dalnet)
- That seems to be an undocumented feature, but makes perfect sense. Of course, that wouldn't prevent you from whoising 20 people at once, which could be a problem.