Audio (AU) (file)
- (intransitive, idiomatic) To have better prospects.
- (transitive, idiomatic) To obtain information about something from a source (chiefly textual sources) by reading or looking.
- Synonym: consult
- I didn't know what a mitochondrion was until I looked it up in a dictionary.
- (transitive) To track down or search for (someone that one used to know).
- Used other than with a figurative or idiomatic meaning: see look, up.
- We stayed up late to look up at the stars.
used other than as an idiom
to have better prospects, to improve
to obtain information about something from a text source