wikilink (plural wikilinks)
- (Wiktionary and WMF jargon) A hyperlink from one wiki entry to another.
- 2008, John Broughton, Wikipedia: the missing manual, page 75:
- Go through the article and create internal links (wikilinks) that point to other articles (this is part of what is called wikification).
- 2008, Phoebe Ayers, Charles Matthews, Ben Yates, How Wikipedia works: and how you can be a part of it, page 151:
- Adding too many wikilinks (overlinking) is usually caused by novice over-enthusiasm
- 2009, Charley Rowe, Eva Lia Wyss, Language and new media: linguistic, cultural, and technological evolutions, page 342:
- Veterans avoid the excessive use of wiki-compounding as it is considered "unencyclopedic" and cliche. However, it is tolerated when it refers to technical terms (eg, wikilinks), when it is an existing subject