See also: Appendix:Variations of "si"
си • (si)
- (reflexive, clitic) the dative short form of the reflexive pronoun себе си, part of reflexive verbs, denoting that the subject is simultaneously the indirect object; corresponds to (to/for) myself, (to/for) yourself, (to/for) himself, (to/for) herself, (to/for) itself, (to/for) ourselves, (to/for) yourselves, (to/for) themselves
- Купих си книга. - I bought myself a book.
- Тя си купи книга. - She bought herself a book.
- Мисля си. - I think to myself.
- Казах си. - I said to myself.
- (reciprocal, clitic) dative reciprocal pronoun, denoting that the agents perform the mutual actions among themselves; corresponds to (to/for) each other, (to/for) one another
- Говорим си. - We are talking to each other.
- Трябва да си помагаме. - We must help one another.
- Размениха си бързи погледи. - They exchanged glances.
- (reflexive, clitic) reflexive pronoun, part of reflexive verbs, meaning that one does something for one's own enjoyment, it is usually not translated
- Ще си стоя тук и ще си чета. - I'll stay here and spend the time reading.
- (reflexive, possessive, clitic) the short form of the reflexive possessive pronoun свой, denoting that the object it modifies belongs to the subject of the sentence; corresponds to one's, my, his, her, its, our, your, their
- Аз говоря за баща си. - I'm talking about my father.
- Ти говориш за баща си. - You're talking about your father.
- Той говори за баща си. - He's talking about his father. (his own)
- Той говори за баща му. - He's talking about his father. (someone else's)
- Ние говорим за баща си. - We're talking about our father.
- Вие говорите за баща си. - You're talking about your father.
- Те говорят за баща си. - They're talking about their father. (their own)
- Те говорят за баща им. - They're talking about their father. (someone else's)
- Second-person singular present indicative form of съм.
си • (si)
- used with certain verbs of movement, meaning that the movement is directed towards one's home or towards the place one came from
- Върви си! - Go home!/Go away!/Go your way!/Go where you came from!
- Трябва да си тръгвам. - I must go home now./I must be going now./It’s time I were moving.
- Тя си отиде. - She left./She went her way./She went home.
- used after indefinite pronouns and adverbs to intensify the indefiniteness (it is not translated)
- нещо си - something or other
- някой си - someone
- някъде си - somewhere or other
си • (si) n
си (si) n (indeclinable)
си (Latin spelling si)
- to oneself (clitic dative singular of се̏бе (“oneself”))