See also Analysis
- IPA: /əˈnælɪsɪs/, /ˈænəlɪsɪz/
- (countable, of a thing, concept, theory, or similar) A process of dismantling or separating into constituent elements in order to study the nature, function, or meaning.
- (countable) The result of such a process.
- (uncountable, mathematics) The mathematical study of functions, sequences, series, limits, derivatives and integrals.
- (countable, logic) Proof by deduction from known truths.
- (countable, chemistry) The process of breaking down a substance into its constituent parts, or the result of this process.
- (countable, psychology) Psychoanalysis.
process of dismantling or separating into constituents in order to study
logic: proof by deduction from known truths
chemistry: process of breaking down a substance or the result of this process
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
analysis (genitive analysis); f, third declension