See also: clímax
climax (plural climaxes)
- The point of greatest intensity or force in an ascending series; a culmination
- The turning point in a plot or in dramatic action, especially one marking a change in the protagonist's affairs.
- (ecology) A stage of ecological development in which a community of organisms is stable and capable of perpetuating itself.
- (slang) An orgasm.
- (rhetoric): Ordering of terms in increasing order of importance or magnitude.
- (rhetoric): Anadiplosis.
- See also Wikisaurus:apex
- (order by increasing importance): catacosmesis
point of greatest intensity or force
- To reach or bring to a climax
2012 May 31, Tasha Robinson, “Film: Review: Snow White And The Huntsman”:
- Huntsman starts out with a vision of Theron that’s specific, unique, and weighted in character, but it trends throughout toward generic fantasy tropes and black-and-white morality, and climaxes in a thoroughly familiar face-off.
- To orgasm; to reach orgasm