Last modified on 11 September 2013, at 23:59
From ēlātus, perfect passive participle of efferō (“bring forth or out; rise; exalt”), from ē (“out of”), short form of ex, + ferō (“carry, bear”).
ēlātiō f (genitive ēlātiōnis); third declension
- The act of carrying out; carrying to a grave, burial.
- The act of lifting or raising up, elevation.
- (figuratively) The state of being carried away or hurried along; transport; passion.
- (figuratively) Exaltation, elevation, glorification, extolment.
- (figuratively) An exalted state of mind; self-exaltation, pride, elation.
- Catalan: elació
- English: elation
- French: élation
- Portuguese: elação
- Spanish: elación