- I bring or carry out, forth or away.
- I carry out (of the house) for burial, bear to the grave, bury.
- I bring forth, bear, produce, yield.
- I emit, discharge, release, send out, send or bring forth.
- I lift up, elevate, raise, exalt; display; rescue.
- (figuratively) I set forth, spread abroad, utter, publish, proclaim, pronounce, express, declare.
- (figuratively, usually passive) I carry away, transport, hurry or sweep away.
- (figuratively) I raise, elevate, exalt, extol.
- (figuratively, of speech or writing) I exaggerate, aggrandize, embellish, increase.
- (figuratively, with se) I elevate myself; rise, advance.
- (figuratively, with se) I am puffed up, I am haughty or proud.
- (figuratively, rare) I carry out to the end, support, endure.
- (transitive) I make wild or savage, brutalize, barbarize.
- (transitive) I make fierce, infuriate, madden.
Conjugation of effero (first conjugation)
Inflected form of efferus (“very wild, fierce or savage”).
- dative masculine singular of
- dative neuter singular of
- ablative masculine singular of
- ablative neuter singular of
- effero in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879