- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /fɪəs/
- (General American) IPA(key): /fɪɹs/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɪə(ɹ)s
- Extremely violent, severe, ferocious or savage.
- A fierce storm battered the coast.
- Resolute or strenuously active.
- We made a fierce attempt to escape.
- Threatening in appearance or demeanor.
- The lion gave a fierce roar.
- (slang, Ireland, rural) very, excellent.
- It was fierce cold.
- Q: "How was the party last night?" A: "Fierce!"
- (slang, US) Of exceptional quality, exhibiting boldness or chutzpah.
- Tyra said to strike a pose and make it fierce.
extremely violent, severe, ferocious or savage
resolute or strenuously active
threatening in appearance or demeanor
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked