- (uncountable, mathematics) The process of computing the sum of a number with itself a specified number of times, or any other analogous binary operation that combines other mathematical objects.
- (countable) A calculation involving multiplication.
- The teacher set us ten multiplications as homework.
- addition, summation: (augend) + (addend) = (summand) × (summand) = (sum, total)
- subtraction: (minuend) − (subtrahend) = (difference)
- multiplication: (multiplier) × (multiplicand) = (factor) × (factor) = (product)
- division: (dividend) ÷ (divisor) = (quotient), remainder left over if divisor does not divide dividend
multiplication f (plural multiplications)
- multiplication (process)