- To name someone as a candidate for a particular role or position, including that of an office.
- (obsolete) To entitle, confer a name upon.
- 1658: the City of Norwich [...] was enlarged, builded and nominated by the Saxons. — Sir Thomas Browne, Urne-Burial (Penguin 2005, p. 12)
to name someone for a particular role or position
- second-person plural present indicative of nominare
- second-person plural imperative of nominare
- Feminine plural of nominato
- second-person plural present active imperative of nōminō
- vocative masculine singular of nōminātus