speaking (not comparable)
- Used in speaking.
- one's normal speaking voice
- Expressive; eloquent.
- The sight was more speaking than any speech could be.
- Involving speaking.
- It was her first speaking part: she screamed.
- Having the ability of speech.
- speaking parrot; speaking clock
- (in compounds) Having competence in a language.
- the English-speaking gentleman gave us directions; I travel in Russian-speaking countries; the French-speaking world listened in to the broadcast
used in speaking
eloquent — see eloquent
speaking (plural speakings)
- One's ability to communicate vocally in a given language.
- I can read and understand mosts texts in German, but my speaking is awful.
- The act of communicating vocally.
- An oral recitation of e.g. a story.
the act of speaking
- Present participle of speak.