See also: takeback
- To retract an earlier statement
- No, you are not fat; I take it all back.
- To cause to remember some past event or time
- That tune takes me back to my childhood.
- To resume a relationship
- She has forgiven him, and taken him back.
- To regain possession of something
- The wedding is off, and he has taken back the ring.
- To return something
- Take back faulty goods to the shop where you bought them.
retract an earlier statement
cause to remember some past event or time
to resume a relationship
to regain possession of something
to return something