- (dated) Extinguished, no longer alight (of fire, candles etc.)
- Poor Edward's cigarillo was already extinct.
- No longer used; obsolete, discontinued.
- Luckily, such ideas about race are extinct in current sociological theory.
- No longer in existence; having died out.
- The dinosaurs have been extinct for millions of years.
- (volcanology) No longer actively erupting.
- Most of the volcanos on this island are now extinct.
- (volcanology: no longer erupting): dormant
extinguished, no longer alight (of fire, candles etc.)
no longer used; obsolete, discontinued
having died out
no longer erupting
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked