From ㄷ (d) + additional horizontal line representing burst of aspiration.
- IPA(key): /tʰ/
- Actual realisation:
- (word-initially, between vowels, or after nasals and liquids) IPA(key): [tʰ]
- (after stops) IPA(key): [t͈]
- (before stops, or word-finally) IPA(key): [t̚]
- (before nasals) IPA(key): [n]
ㅌ • (t)
- 티읕 (tieut, “tieut”), a jamo (letter) of the alphabet of the Korean writing system, hangeul; the aspirated alveolar plosive ([tʰ])
In the North Korean order, ㅌ (t) is the twelfth jamo. In the South Korean order, it is the seventeenth.
- (aspirated plosives): ㅋ (k), ㅍ (p), ㅊ (ch)
- (alveolar jamo): ㄷ (d), ㄴ (n)