归 (Kangxi radical 58, 彐+2, 5 strokes, cangjie input 中中尸一 (LLSM), four-corner 27070, composition ⿰リ(G) or ⿲丶丿(T))
- 歸 (Orthodox traditional form of 归)
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 362, character 5
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 9909
- Dae Jaweon: page 680, character 14
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 2, page 960, character 11
- Unihan data for U+5F52
Unorthodox variant simplified from 歸 found in various moveable type copies of classical novels. First attested in 《宋元以來俗字譜》, a variant forms dictionary compiled in 1930 that records unorthodox forms (俗字 (súzì)) that have existed since the Song dynasty.
Originally part of the 324 simplified characters introduced by the Republic of China (Kuomintang government) in 1935 but was later retracted in 1936.
Eventually adopted as an official simplified character by the People's Republic of China in the 1956 Chinese Character Simplification Scheme.
|For pronunciation and definitions of 归 – see 歸 (“to return; to come back to; to return to; to revert to; etc.”).|
(This character, 归, is the simplified and variant form of 歸.)