|For pronunciation and definitions of 漫画 – see 漫畫 (“comics; caricature; cartoon; manga; manhua”).|
(This term, 漫画, is the simplified form of 漫畫.)
|Kanji in this term|
/mangwa/ > /manga/.
- a picture drawn as one pleases without restraint (ex. Hokusai Manga)
- a pictorial representation which exaggerates features for comic or satirical effect; a caricature
- a story told with pictures and dialog; a comic, manga
- This is an example of a word that can be spelled with katakana to convey an informal conversational tone, as マンガ.
- → Danish: manga (Japanese comics)
- → English: manga (Japanese comics)
- → French: manga (Japanese comics)
- → Korean: 만화 (manhwa) (comics)
- → English: manhwa (Korean comics)
- → Mandarin: 漫畫 (mànhuà) (comics)
- → English: manhua (Chinese comics)
- → Portuguese: mangá (Japanese comics)
- → Russian: ма́нга (mánga) (Japanese comics)
- 2002, Ineko Kondō; Fumi Takano; Mary E Althaus; et. al., Shogakukan Progressive Japanese-English Dictionary, Third Edition, Tokyo: Shōgakukan, →ISBN.