- the number ninety-six
- Roman numerals: XCVI, LXXXXVI
- Chinese numerals: 玖拾陸, 九十六
- Eastern Arabic numerals: ٩٦
- Persian numerals: ۹۶
- Tibetan numerals: ༩༦
- Hindi numerals: ९६
- Gujarati numerals: ૯૬
- Gurmukhi numerals: ੯੬
- Bengali numerals: ৯৬
- Oriya numerals: ୯୬
- Telugu numerals: ౯౬
the 96 pl (plural only)
- The 96 victims of the Hillsborough disaster.
- 2001, Arabella McIntyre-Brown, Liverpool: The First 1,000 Years:
- But the families of the 96 still feel that justice has not been done, and fight on.
- 2011 May 11, Dan Kay, “Hillsborough remembered: Your tributes to the 96 and those still fighting for Justice”, in Liverpool Daily Echo:
- AS part of our Hillsborough Remembered coverage, we've been asking for your tributes to the 96 and messages of support for those still fighting for Justice twenty-two years on.
- 2012 September 14, Andy Burnham, “We have the truth, now we need justice for the 96”, in The Independent:
- There is euphoria at the utter vindication for the families prevailing in their dignified campaign and the complete achievement of the first objective, which was was to clear the names of the 96.