- A western member of the Algonquian branch of the Algic language family. Cheyenne is spoken in Oklahoma and on the Northern Cheyenne Indian Reservation in Montana. There are currently (2005) approximately 1,200 Cheyenne-speakers in Montana and 500 in Oklahoma.
- The capital of the State of Wyoming.
- A female given name of modern American usage
- A male given name of modern American usage.
Cheyenne (plural Cheyenne or Cheyennes)
- A member of the Cheyenne tribe.
member of the Cheyenne tribe
- Ethnologue entry for Cheyenne, chy
- Cheyenne Dictionary
- Cheyenne Language Web Site
- Wikipedia Cheyenne language edition
From Dakota Sioux Sahi'yena.
Cheyenne m, f (plural Cheyennes)
- Cheyenne (member of the Cheyenne tribe)