- Patronymic or genitive form of Dane, a variant of Dean.
- Borrowed from Dutch Danes, a short form of the personal name Daniel.
- Borrowed from Czech and Slovak Daneš.
Danes (plural Daneses)
- A surname.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Danes is the 36630th most common surname in the United States, belonging to 610 individuals. Danes is most common among White (88.2%) individuals.
- plural of
- Hanks, Patrick, editor (2003), “Danes”, in Dictionary of American Family Names, New York City: Oxford University Press, →ISBN
- Danish (pertaining to Denmark)
Danés (feminine Danesa)