See also: Appendix:Variations of "er"
- er (for the pronoun; common spelling)
- a person or animal of male gender, a male
- (animal of male gender): Männchen
- Sie f
- (archaic) you (form of address to a male person)
- Was möchte Er von mir?
- What do you want from me?
- (literally, “What does he want from me?”)
This form of address sounds very archaic and is only used humorously or in some dialects (especially Berlin, Brandenburg and Mecklenburg), sometimes called Berliner Er. The common polite form of address is Sie.
- A male given name