See also: ernest
- 1 English
- 2 Catalan
- 3 French
- 4 Norman
- 5 Polish
- 6 Slovak
- A male given name from the Germanic languages; popular in the 19th century.
- 1895, Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest:
- GWENDOLEN. […] and my ideal has always been to love someone of the name of Ernest. There is something in that name that inspires absolute confidence.
- 1980, P. D. James, Innocent Blood
- "What's his name, your boyfriend?" "Ernest. Ernest Hemingway." The name was received in disparaging silence. Marlene said: "You wouldn't get me going out with a feller called Ernest. My granddad was Ernest."
- A surname.
declension of Ernest
- Ernest in Wielki słownik języka polskiego, Instytut Języka Polskiego PAN
- Ernest in Polish dictionaries at PWN
- A male given name.
Declension of Ernest
- Ernest in Slovak dictionaries at korpus.sk