From Old English lind (“limetree”) + lēah (“wood, clearing”).
Lilley (countable and uncountable, plural Lilleys)
- A placename
- A hamlet in West Berkshire district, Berkshire, England (OS grid ref SU4479).
- A village and civil parish in North Hertfordshire district, Hertfordshire, England, north-east of Luton, Bedfordshire (OS grid ref TL1126).
- A township and unincorporated community therein, in Newaygo County, Michigan, United States.
- (countable) A habitational surname.
- Synonym: Lilly
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Lilley is the 4557th most common surname in the United States, belonging to 7780 individuals. Lilley is most common among White (87.93%) individuals.