- (medicine) Initialism of mild cognitive impairment.
- 2009, Alireza Minagar, Neurobiology of Dementia:
- Embedded in the controversy surrounding the establishment of specific diagnostic criteria for MCI, there is much debate regarding whether impairment in everyday activities should be included as a criterion.
- (emergency medicine) Initialism of mass casualty incident.
- 2011, Kate Curtis, Emergency and Trauma Care for Nurses and Paramedics:
- After an MCI, hospital surge-capacity plans will have to be activated quickly.