- A diminutive of the male given name Nathanael, Nathaniel or Nathan.
- 2008 Kate Atkinson, When Will There Be Good News, Doubleday, ISBN 9780385608015, page 27:
- Nathan was one of the tiniest, tottering along, holding on to the hand of a much older girl. Nat. Small like a gnat.
- A diminutive of female given names such as Natasha, Natalie, and Natalia.
Nat (plural Nats)
- (informal) A member or supporter of the Scottish National Party.
- -ant, ANT, Ant, NTA, TAN, TNA, Tan, a'n't, an't, ant, ant-, tan