- Borrowed from French Péré, a habitational surname.
- Borrowed from Catalan Pere, a personal name equivalent of Peter.
- Borrowed from Hungarian Pere.
Pere (plural Peres)
- A surname.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Pere is the 36337th most common surname in the United States, belonging to 616 individuals. Pere is most common among White (53.41%) and Hispanic/Latino (35.55%) individuals.
- Hanks, Patrick, editor (2003), “Pere”, in Dictionary of American Family Names, New York City: Oxford University Press, →ISBN
From Occitan [Term?].
- A surname, from Occitan.
See pere (“father”).
le Pere m (nominative singular Pere)