Scandinavian (plural Scandinavians)
- Someone from Scandinavia.
- Of Scandinavia.
- 2013 June 8, “Obama goes troll-hunting”, in The Economist, volume 407, number 8839, page 55:
- The solitary, lumbering trolls of Scandinavian mythology would sometimes be turned to stone by exposure to sunlight. Barack Obama is hoping that several measures announced on June 4th will have a similarly paralysing effect on their modern incarnation, the patent troll.
- (Of a language) Of the North Germanic family to which Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Icelandic, and Faeroese belong.
of the North Germanic family of languages
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.