Open main menu

Wiktionary β


Request for verificationEdit

The following information has failed Wiktionary's verification process.

Failure to be verified may either mean that this information is fabricated, or is merely beyond our resources to confirm. We have archived here the disputed information, the verification discussion, and any documentation gathered so far, pending further evidence.
Do not re-add this information to the article without also submitting proof that it meets Wiktionary's criteria for inclusion.

"(Internet slang) To brag on one’s blog." Equinox 19:33, 6 September 2009 (UTC)

  • XKCD 148, 181, 124, 442, and especially 239, oh and....
    Wait, you were probably asking that seriously, weren't you? - Amgine/talk 04:25, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
I can't stand xkcd. Yes, I wondered whether this blag meets CFI or not. Equinox 20:54, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
I should probably have looked for durably archived examples, but this seemed sillier/more descriptive. - Amgine/talk 03:11, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
I didn't have too much luck with finding attestation. Lots of scannos for blog, some possible other meanings, including a UK slang term. DCDuring TALK 03:26, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
Deleted. Equinox 17:13, 3 November 2009 (UTC)

Perhaps the noun form of the word is worth reviewing too: "(Internet slang) A blog featuring copious bragging." It looks like these forms of the word have become more popular since someone last tried to add it here. There is an [ urban dictionary entry], and several self-proclaimed blags: (sorry for the lack of links; I can't hyperlink without creating an account)

  • [ BlagHag's blog] (which has been moved [ here])
  • [ BlaggBlogg]
  • [ Krisjet's Blag]
  • [ Nursultan's Pirate Blag]
  • [ Blig Blag Blog]

These are just a few of the search results I've found. Any objections? -- 14:56, 9 October 2013 (UTC)

RFC discussion: July 2011–August 2017Edit

The following discussion has been moved from Wiktionary:Requests for cleanup (permalink).

This discussion is no longer live and is left here as an archive. Please do not modify this conversation, but feel free to discuss its conclusions.

The entry for this UK (?) colloquial term apparently has many senses. Which ones are transitive? Which intransitive? Which both? Can the wording be made to reflect those facts? Usage examples would help. Some of the senses seem generalizable/mergeable. DCDuring TALK 14:24, 13 July 2011 (UTC)

I tend to agree, there's a lot of overlap. I would merge some of these. I think it's always transitive. Mglovesfun (talk) 10:35, 8 June 2012 (UTC)

Return to "blag" page.