This template is used in the etymology section. Use
where root is the root of the term and suffix is the suffix. For instance, a simple etymology of doing could be created with:
which evaluates to:
- Script code. See Wiktionary:Scripts
- Transliteration of word 1 and word 2 respectively (for non-Latin scripts)
- Alternate text to display instead of the links.
- Part-of-speech information. Additional unquoted explanatory text, coming after the transliteration and gloss.
- Suppresses categorization