- (possibly informal outside attributive use) The World Wide Web.
- 2013 June 21, Oliver Burkeman, “The tao of tech”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 2, page 27:
- The dirty secret of the internet is that all this distraction and interruption is immensely profitable. Web companies like to boast about "creating compelling content", or offering services that let you "stay up to date with what your friends are doing" […] and so on. But the real way to build a successful online business is to be better than your rivals at undermining people's control of their own attention.
- Some of that content is now only available on the Web.
- Web page. Web portal. (attributive use)
- la Toile
Web n (genitive Webs)
Declension of Web (uncountable)
- ウェブ (webu)