- A West African people, mostly in Senegal.
- The language traditionally spoken by those people.
- (historical) The former realm of the Wolof, maintained from the 14th to the 19th centuries.
The spelling Wolof is the most common in reference to the people and their language, but the variant spellings "Jolof" and "Jollof" are more common when used in reference to their former polity ("Jolof Empire" or "Kingdom") and a native rice dish ("jollof rice"), respectively.
Wolof (plural Wolofs or Wolof)
- "Wolof, n. and adj." in the Oxford English Dictionary. Oxford University Press (Oxford), 1986.
- ISO 639-1 code wo, ISO 639-3 code wol
- Ethnologue entry for Wolof, wo
- Ethnologue entry for Gambian Wolof, wof