- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈməʊstli/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈmoʊstli/
Audio (US) (file)
mostly (not comparable)
- Mainly or chiefly; for the most part; usually, generally, on the whole.
- They're mostly good people, although they have made a few mistakes.
- 2013 June 29, “A punch in the gut”, in The Economist, volume 407, number 8842, page 72-3:
- Mostly, the microbiome is beneficial. It helps with digestion and enables people to extract a lot more calories from their food than would otherwise be possible. Research over the past few years, however, has implicated it in diseases from atherosclerosis to asthma to autism.
- (obsolete) To the greatest extent; most.
- (mainly or chiefly): by and large, in the main, more often than not, largely, predominantly, principally
for the most part