- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌæk.əˈdiː.mi.n̩/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˌæk.əˈdi.mi.n̩/
- Rhymes: -iːmiən
academian (plural academians)
- (historical, obsolete) A follower of Plato. [Attested from the mid 16th century until the late 17th century.]
- (obsolete) A member of an academy, university, or college. [Attested from the mid 16th century until the late 17th century.]
member of an academy
- Brown, Lesley, ed. The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary. 5th. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2003.