- The state of existing; existence.
- An instance or quality of being actual or factual; fact.
- (television) Live reporting on current affairs.
- (historical, film) A short early motion picture.
- 1999, “The Variety Stage collection”, in Selected Materials from the Library of Congress:
- By 1903, the actuality film had reached its peak; in 1903, the Edison and Biograph companies, combined, registered three hundred fifty one actuality films for copyright protection. By 1908 that number had dropped to two.
the state of existing