adustion (plural adustions)
- (obsolete) The act of burning, or heating to dryness; the state of being thus heated or dried.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Harvey to this entry?)
- (surgery, obsolete) Cauterization.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Buchanan to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for adustion in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
adustion f (plural adustions)
- “adustion” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).