See also: aquàtic
- aquatick (obsolete)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ə.ˈkwɑ.tɪk/, /ə.ˈkwæ.tɪk/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ə.ˈkwæ.tɪk/, /ə.ˈkwɒ.tɪk/
- (General New Zealand) IPA(key): /ɘ.ˈkwɔ.tɘk/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɒtɪk
- Relating to water; living in or near water, taking place in water.
- aquativeness (obscure, obsolete)
relating to water; living in or near water, taking place in water
aquatic (plural aquatics)
- Any aquatic plant.
- 1835, Benjamin Maund, The Botanic Garden:
- In such a cistern the present and other hardy aquatics may be grown with success.