as much (not comparable)
- Likewise, similarly, in a similar manner.
- I think she's overweight, but when I said as much to her, she got very upset.
- (with as) Almost, very nearly.
- (with as) An emphatic, emphasizing smallness.
- 2005, Brigitte Goldstein, translator, Mr. Brecher's Fiasco, ISBN 0299214303, page 154 :
- For as soon as he as much as took out his pince-nez to read the newspaper, the privy councilor's wife was his advance trumpeter, who sounded the fanfare and said, "Now Papa puts on his eyes."
- Used other than as an idiom: see as, much.