- avoidaunce (obsolete)
- The act of annulling; annulment.
- The act of becoming vacant, or the state of being vacant; – specifically used for the state of a benefice becoming void by the death, deprivation, or resignation of the incumbent.
- A dismissing or a quitting; removal; withdrawal.
- The act of avoiding or shunning; keeping clear of.
- 1907, Robert William Chambers, chapter VIII, in The Younger Set, New York, N.Y.: D. Appleton & Company, OCLC 24962326:
- At her invitation he outlined for her the succeeding chapters with terse military accuracy ; and what she liked best and best understood was avoidance of that false modesty which condescends, turning technicality into pabulum.
- Any thing that is to be avoided
- The courts by which anything is carried off.
The act of annulling
A dismissing or a quitting; removal; withdrawal.
The act of avoiding or shunning