bailiwick (plural bailiwicks)
- The district within which a bailie or bailiff has jurisdiction.
- The Bailiwick of Jersey.
- A person's concern or sphere of operations, their area of skill or authority.
- 1961, Eleanor Roosevelt, The Autobiography of Eleanor Roosevelt:
- I established the fairly well-understood pattern that affairs of state were not in my bailiwick.
- (area or subject of authority or involvement): domain, department, jurisdiction, sphere, territory, turf, pale.
precincts within which a bailiff has jurisdiction