- (transitive, chiefly dialectal, sometimes reflexive) To talk about; discuss; tell; count; give an account (of).
- 1925, Albert Payson Terhune, Najib:
- Likewise and moreover, Howaji, is it a time to betalk ourselves merrily of dates, I request you, when the pasha's visit is to be made preparations for?
- 2016, Lesbian Youtubers 3; Vloggers of the lesbian kind:
- Today can we betalk about why Shacam broke up?
- (intransitive, dialectal) To talk repeatedly.
- 1890, Matteo Bandello, The novels of Matteo Bandello: bishop of Agen:
- Nevertheless, ere he departed, he contrived to betalk her to such effect, promising her to gamble no more, that the good woman gave him half a score ducats; [...]