- Baffled, confused, mystified, at a loss, or uncertain.
- He was just standing there, turning this way and that, with a bewildered look on his face.
2015 March 12, Daniel Taylor, “Chelsea out of Champions League after Thiago Silva sends 10-man PSG through on away goals”, in The Guardian (London):
- It was a stodgy, weary display from Mourinho’s team with only sporadic moments when they threatened Salvatore Sirigu’s goal and their manager seemed bewildered afterwards when he tried to explain what had gone wrong.
- (Can we verify(+) this sense?) Drunk, intoxicated.
- simple past tense and past participle of