See also: Boards
- (Received Pronunciation) enPR: bôdz, IPA(key): /bɔːdz/
- (General American) enPR: bôrdz, IPA(key): /bɔːɹdz/
- (rhotic, without the horse–hoarse merger) enPR: bōrdz, IPA(key): /bo(ː)ɹdz/
- (non-rhotic, without the horse–hoarse merger) enPR: bōədz, IPA(key): /boədz/
- Rhymes: -ɔː(ɹ)dz
See the etymology of the main entry.
- plural of
boards (plural only)
- (informal, with "the") A stage (as in a theater).
- Structure around a rink for ice hockey.
- (publishing, informal) A hardcover binding on a book.
- His new novel just came out in boards. The paperback will follow in about a year.
From College Board tests
boards pl (plural only)
- Third-person singular simple present indicative form of board