See also: bóxīng
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈbɒksɪŋ/
Audio (RP) (file)
- (General American) enPR: bäksʹĭng, IPA(key): /ˈbɑːksɪŋ/
- Rhymes: -ɒksɪŋ
- Hyphenation: box‧ing
- (sports) A sport where two opponents punch each other with gloved fists, the object being to score more points by the end of the match or by knockout, or technical knockout.
the sport of boxing
terms associated with boxing
boxing (plural boxings)
- Material used for making boxes or casing.
- (construction) Casing.
- (object-oriented programming) Automatic conversion of value types to objects by wrapping them within a heap-allocated reference type.
- (programming): unboxing