- Manioc (Manihot esculenta), a tropical plant which is the source of tapioca.
- Tapioca, a starchy pulp made with manioc roots.
- 1677, Thomas Holyoke [i.e., Thomas Holyoake], “Jucca”, in A Large Dictionary: In Three Parts: I. The English before the Latin, [...] II. The Latin before the English, [...] III. The Proper Names of Persons, Places, and Other Things Necessary to the Understanding of Historians and Poets. [...], London: Printed for W[illiam] Rawlins, for G[eorge] Sawbridge, W[illiam] Place, T[homas] Basset, T[homas] Dring, J[ohn] Leigh, and J[ohn] Place, OCLC 78213826:
- Jucca, ſive Yucca Peruana. The root whereof the bread Caſua, or Cazava is made.
manioc, the source of tapioca
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked