See also: céladon
- A pale green colour, possibly tinted with gray.
- celadon colour:
- A pale green Chinese glaze.
- A ceramic ware with a pale green glaze.
pale green colour
- Of a pale green colour tinted with gray.
- 1941, Vladimir Nabokov, The Real Life of Sebastian Knight, Penguin 1971 edition, page 40:
- [H]e stroked a soft blue cat with celadon eyes which had appeared from nowhere and now made itself comfortable in his lap […].
- Krueger, Dennis (December 1982). "Why On Earth Do They Call It Throwing?" Studio Potter Vol. 11, Number 1. (etymology)
- celadon in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.