- (Can we verify(+) this sense?) Used in a phrasal verb: check up on (“to verify through brief investigation or revisit for assurance that there are no problems”).
- I dropped by to check up on my friend.
- To verify something's accuracy.
- He's checking up the figures.
- To seem correct or plausible; to comport with known facts; to check out (with other facts).
- The numbers she provided check up with my own data.
to verify through examination
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked